Is RPMfusion on strike? [SOLVED -- at least for me]

gilpel at altern.org gilpel at altern.org
Tue Aug 25 05:00:14 UTC 2009

> Hi gilpel;
>
> I repeat my warning.  I am new at playing around with video drivers,
> sockets and libraries.  But I am willing to help if I can.

Other weird things:

yum search "185.18.31"
Loaded plugins: refresh-packagekit
=== Matched: 185.18.31 ===
xorg-x11-drv-nvidia.x86_64 : NVIDIA's proprietary display driver for NVIDIA
                           : graphic cards

yum install xorg-x11-drv-nvidia.x86_64
Loaded plugins: refresh-packagekit
Setting up Install Process
Package matching xorg-x11-drv-nvidia-185.18.14-3.fc11.x86_64 already
installed. Checking for update.
Nothing to do

Before anybody understands what exactly is going on, I'm afraid trying
this and that will only cause more trouble.

Thanks!