Pulseaudio config problem.

stan gryt2 at q.com
Tue Aug 25 16:27:21 UTC 2009

On Tue, 25 Aug 2009 14:56:21 +0200
"Erik P. Olsen" <epodata at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've run the script and it shows both sound cards. I think the output
> is too large for the mailing list so I have sent it directly to you
> (Stan). I hope you don't mind.
>
> Thanks for your help.

I received it, and sure enough, it shows two sound cards are there.  But
they are named the same as they were when you said you couldn't find the
CS46 card.

It looks like you have IEC958 (digital) output turned on.  Is there a
reason for this?  If not, you should turn it off.  And make sure
that any sound applications and pulse are using this device with
subdevice 0, PCM (analog) instead of subdevice 1, IEC958 (digital).
This could be the reason you are not getting any sound.

Simple mixer control 'IEC958',0
  Capabilities: pswitch pswitch-joined
  Playback channels: Mono
  Mono: Playback [on]
Simple mixer control 'IEC958 Input',0
  Capabilities: pswitch pswitch-joined
  Playback channels: Mono
  Mono: Playback [on]
Simple mixer control 'IEC958 Output',0
  Capabilities: pswitch pswitch-joined
  Playback channels: Mono
  Mono: Playback [on]

The setup looks fine for disabling the second card in pulse, the CS46,
and using it strictly with alsa.

So, do the instructions work?