F11: No longer getting auto-mounted drive partitions to /media?

Daniel B. Thurman dant at cdkkt.com
Tue Aug 25 16:43:32 UTC 2009

Since mounting @ boot time can be done via /etc/fstab,
but logging in as user seems to be a different process
where with at least F9 and earlier, was an all or nothing
mounting proposition, but with F11, I no longer get any
/media partitions auto-mounted for many of my various
distro HD partitions.  I do not like having ALL partitions
mounted,just specific ones.

I would like to ask where the link/documentation is,
explaining how the "auto-mounting" /media process works
and to better understand how one might be better able to
control which drive partitions get auto-mounted for global
and/or local-specific-user via some kind of a configuration or
(fine-grained?) policy tool?  I am not sure this tool even
exists, which is why I am asking.

Thanks!
Dan