SSH and X forwarding not working from my laptop

Gary Stainburn gary.stainburn at ringways.co.uk
Wed Aug 26 10:29:22 UTC 2009

I'm sure I've reported this a while back but I can't find it in the archives.

I'm having a problems connecting from my laptop to a number of my servers.
It's not a solid fault, but it's fairly constant at the moment.

I have a number of servers FC7 to FC10 that I connect to, as well as a number
of FC10 workstations. These all work fine. However from my laptop I get the
following when I connect:

Warning: No xauth data; using fake authentication data for X11 forwarding.
tcsetattr: Interrupted system call
Last login: Wed Aug 26 11:13:21 2009 from gary.ringways.co.uk
[root at stan ~]#

and then once I'm in the BASH command line editing doesn't work.

Can anyone suggest where I can start looking into the problem.  I'm not too
bad with ssh but have  no knowledge of xauth, konsole, BASH etc.

Gary
--
Gary Stainburn