F11: Fedora Eclipse: SVN fails to connect to any svn repository: Hangs.

Daniel B. Thurman dant at cdkkt.com
Wed Aug 26 21:13:19 UTC 2009

On 08/26/2009 01:46 PM, Andrew Overholt wrote:
> * Daniel B. Thurman<dant at cdkkt.com>  [2009-08-26 16:45]:
>
>> have to figure out if I can downgrade from v1.6x to v1.4x,
>> which may not be possible or is it?
>>
> I don't know.  If it's important, I suggest asking the subversion
> maintainer.
>
> Glad you got things straightened around,
>
> Andrew

Ok, here is what I did:

1) yum remove eclipse-subclipse eclipse-svnkit
2) Added http://subclipse.tigris.org/update_1.4.x to update list,
     unchecked v1.6x tigris site
3) Commited the update, and got:

Cannot complete the request.  See the details.
Unsatisfied dependency:
[org.tigris.subversion.subclipse.graph.feature.feature.group 1.0.7]
requiredCapability: org.eclipse.equinox.p2.iu/org.eclipse.gef/3.2.0
Unsatisfied dependency:
[org.tigris.subversion.subclipse.graph.feature.feature.group 1.0.7]
requiredCapability: org.eclipse.equinox.p2.iu/org.eclipse.draw2d/3.2.0
Unsatisfied dependency:
[org.tigris.subversion.subclipse.graph.feature.feature.group 1.0.7]
requiredCapability: org.eclipse.equinox.p2.iu/org.eclipse.draw2d/3.2.0
Unsatisfied dependency:
[org.tigris.subversion.subclipse.graph.feature.feature.group 1.0.7]
requiredCapability: org.eclipse.equinox.p2.iu/org.eclipse.gef/3.2.0

so what can I do to remove the above conflicts in order
to resolve the commit?  Looks to me that it is the GEF,
DRAW components that are the problems and does not
appear that it is possible to downgrade these?

Looks to me that I am entering into 'uncharted waters' here!
Perhaps it's just not worth it, I dunno.

BTW: I forgot to add that when subclipse v1.6x tries to access
          a 1.4x repository - it "hangs", so there probably should
          be code to handle this case.  I also note that in F11,
          clicking the X (terminate) button on the window does
          not work - so that may mean the terminate handler does
          not work?

Dan