Pulseaudio config problem.

stan gryt2 at q.com
Thu Aug 27 20:45:34 UTC 2009

On Thu, 27 Aug 2009 21:37:01 +0200
"Erik P. Olsen" <epodata at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 27/08/09 02:25, stan wrote:
> >
> > Problem solved.
> >

> Not really. But thanks a lot for your help. You and Mikkel have given
> me the insight needed to understand what PulseAudio and Alsa is all
> about.

I misunderstood (or forgot over the course of the 'conversation') what
you wanted.  I thought you wanted to have pulse through the onboard card
and alsa through the CS46xx.  Mostly that you wanted alsa throught he
CS46xx.

> I've seen that PA will only connect to card 0 which is the mobo audio
> chip. When I plug the speakers to that card I have sound through PA
> all right. The downside of it is that it is not what I want because
> the sound is much better through CS46xx (card 1).

You should file a bug against pulseaudio for this at
http://bugzilla.redhat.com
Pulse should be recognizing your CS46xx, because alsa is.  And if you
don't bring it to their attention, it probably won't in F12 either.

> I have not yet switched from F10 to F11 and won't do that until I can
> get sound from CS46xx. Incidentally on F10 I can only get sound from
> CS46xx and only through Alsa :-)

The pulse volume control has the same problem there?  Note that in the
bug you file.