Where is pulseaudio started?

cromworshipper-fedorastuff at yahoo.com cromworshipper-fedorastuff at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 28 20:52:11 UTC 2009

On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 02:49:15PM -0400, Steve Blackwell wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Aug 2009 00:12:39 +0930
> Tim <ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au> wrote:
[stuff about /etc/xdg/autostart/pulseaudio]

I'm struggling to turn off pulseaudio as well and tackled the pulseaudio.desktop file by removing pulseaudio-module-x11.  This also removes kde-settings-pulseaudio, which is ok by me.

I seem to be able to get KDE to not launch pulseaudio well enough.  As soon as I invoke gnome-control-center, pulseaudio starts up again.  The dialog boxes and setting options from gnome-control-center do not make much sense to me - where is my option to choose ALSA and explicitly turn off everything else?  I resorted to going to the Startup Applications box and turning off everything.

The other thing I did was removed:

/etc/alsa/pulse-default.conf

and also moved /usr/share/alsa/alsa.conf to /etc/alsa/

which got me part of the way there.

Please keep this thread going.  We need a complete guide that explains how to turn off pulseaudio without breaking RPM dependencies.

Good luck.