need help

stan gryt2 at q.com
Sat Aug 29 18:35:34 UTC 2009

On Sat, 29 Aug 2009 19:59:47 +0530 (IST)
SriLatha <haisrilatha at yahoo.co.in> wrote:

To ask better questions on mailing lists (better means more likely to
get an answer that works), see these links:
http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#bespecific
http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#beprecise
The list guidelines can be helpful also:

> hi,
> Iam trying to install ns in fedora11. But iam getting following error.
> Checking for X11 header files.
> Cant find X includes.
> make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.
> make: *** No rule to make target 'install'. Stop.
>
> I tried to install libX as yum install libX11-devel but unable to
> install after trying 256 mirrors. How can i resolve this problem?

I have libX11-devel installed on my fedora 11 system as
libX11-devel-1.2.2-1.fc11.x86_64, so you are doing something wrong even
though your command looks correct.  But no one except you knows what
you did and what results you got, so no one can tell you what to do
differently to resolve your problem.  Was there an error message?
Can you go to a mirror and see the package on the mirror with a web
browser?  Can you download it from the browser?