WHY I WANT TO STOP USING FEDORA!!!

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Sun Feb 8 02:21:16 UTC 2009

On Sat, Feb 07, 2009 at 21:13:21 -0500,
  Mike Chalmers <mikechalmers70 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I do not understand how Fedora expects you to upgrade or reinstall
> every 6 months or so.
>
> This is just not right.

If this is a problem for you, you are using the wrong Distro. You should
try something like CentOS or one of the LTS versions of Ubuntu.

> INSTEAD OF MAKING CONSUMERS INSTALL EVERY SIX MONTHS OR UNTIL THE
> UPDATES STOP, JUST PROVIDE LARGE UPDATES THAT UPGRADE A SYSTEM WITHOUT
> HAVING TO DO A COMPLETELY NEW INSTALL???

You can upgrade with an install disk instead of doing a fresh install.
You can also use yum or preupgrade. However, you need to do some stuff
manually afterwards, so it isn't completely hands off.