preupgrade question

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Fri Jan 16 14:59:28 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-01-16 at 08:34 -0600, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> Am I correct if I am trying to use preupgrade to upgrade from F9 to F10
> I am going to have trouble is in F9 the /boot is not a separate
> partition?
----
I think that most people are in that boat.

I wouldn't say that you are going to have trouble...what does happen is
that it will attempt to download a bootable image which requires a wired
internet connection with dhcp so the network adaptor will configure
itself, obtain DNS and download the necessary boot image before
continuing on.

Craig