Upgrading to F10 without DVD

Tom Horsley tom.horsley at att.net
Mon Jan 26 17:56:24 UTC 2009

On Mon, 26 Jan 2009 12:45:00 -0500
Oliver Ruebenacker wrote:

>   I am shocked about what happened to FreeCell, though. The cards
> looked very different in F9, where I found them much prettier and much
> more recognizable than now. What happened? Can I get the old look back
> somehow?

Here's my note on that from installing f10:

games card images [done]

cp $master/usr/share/gnome-games-common/cards/bonded.svg \
          /usr/share/gnome-games-common/cards/bonded.svg

This recovers the old card images for solitaire and wot-not
which look 5,000,000% better than the "improved" ones in
f10 (need to select "bonded" in the Cards menu in the games).

In this case $master refers to my old fedora 8 root backup.

I actually thought my video driver might be having problems
the new cards looked so horrible :-).