apcupsd and mge ups?

Mike Cloaked mike.cloaked at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 16:52:08 UTC 2009

Does anyone know if apcupsd will support interfacing with MGE UPSes?  I have
an MGE Pulsar Ellipse ASR 1000VA UPS unit, and although it does come with
some Linux software (Personal Solution PAC apparently based on NUT) and
cables, I am not familiar with setting any of this stuff up. Also I would
prefer if possible to use packages that are already in the Fedora domain
(for F10/F11)

Since MGE is now merged with APC I wondered if installing apcupsd would
support this unit - any advice appreciated.

Thanks...