EeePC - Fedora or Ubuntu?

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sun Jun 7 12:14:56 UTC 2009

Tim:
>> e.g. Nautilus is useless as a file manager, it's just a file browser.
>> I'd get rid of it, but it's a part of the whole desktop.  Like the
>> engine behind MSIE is also the Windows desktop.  A problem in it, is
>> an unavoidable problem with everything else.

Kevin Kofler:
> It's called "code reuse". It doesn't make sense to implement file
> browsing multiple times, once for

Yes, I know that.  But the dependencies are being made at too high a
level.  It's the same as things depending on the whole of Firefox,
rather than the gecko engine, because they want some small aspect of it.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.24-78.2.53.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.