Packet Manager

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Tue Jun 9 17:20:29 UTC 2009

davide wrote:
> Il Mon, 08 Jun 2009 12:51:33 -0600, Kevin Kempter ha scritto:
>
>> On Monday 08 June 2009 12:26:01 davide wrote:
>>> Hi, I was looking in the interweb for a packet manager for fedora,
>>> something very cool and fast. I tried yum and it is very very cool, but
>>> has fedora something like aptitude? I mean with aptitude I have an
>>> ncurses interface from which I can see all the packages Installed
>>> Uninstalled, Upgradeable and so on.
>>>
>>> Thanks a lot.
>> Have a look at yumex
>
> Kevin, Mick thank you for the answer.
>
> Is there an option for command line?
> Just to be sure if something go wrong I can manage things from console.
>
> by the way Yumex seems very very good.

I use yumex for GUI.  For CLI, use yum and different tools.  That is
what yum is.  It is a CLI package manager.  I use it for remote updates.

Look at
   man yum
to know the full details of the power.  Of course once you add in
plugins, you now have a more powerful CLI manager.  Much more powerful
than yumex is.

--
Robin Laing