F11 dvd media errors

Joe Smith jes at martnet.com
Tue Jun 9 21:27:46 UTC 2009

I'm having no luck getting the F11 dvd media to pass the initial media
check.

Has anyone had any luck with this?

Downloaded Fedora-11-i386-DVD.iso using the fedoraproject.org torrent.

The disk image passed the sha256sum check. Burning to dvd+r gave
no errors.

Booting the F11 dvd and running the media check failed twice on the
first disk I made, and again after burning and booting a new copy.

Running the F11 media check on my F10 dvd was successful.

Booting the F10 dvd and running the media check on the F11 dvd gave this
error:

> Unable to read the disc checksum from the primary volume descriptor.
> This probably means the disc was created without adding the checksum.

It hardly seems possible that the F11 dvd image is borked, but that's
what it looks like.

Any suggestions?

<Joe