F11: No video -- anaconda or live -- 8800GTX

Jake Peavy djstunks at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 16:02:50 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 11:39 AM, Jake Peavy <djstunks at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 5:51 PM, Jake Peavy <djstunks at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Did you try basic mode Xdriver=vesa  on the dvd,
>>>

>> Yes, to no avail (X startup failed)
>>
>> I could certainly install in text mode
>>

> Anyone have any ideas on this?  Is anyone running F11 on GeForce 8800GTX?
>
> The text-based install doesn't install any of the GUI stuff.  I thought I
> could just reconfigure once I got booted up.

This post <http://fedoraforum.org/forum/showthread.php?t=223212#2> describes
my issue exactly.  Dual 8800GTXs seems to be the problem.

Any suggestions other than removing the second 8800 temporarily would be
welcome.

--
-jp

A funny thing to do is, if you're out hiking and your friend gets bitten by
a poisonous snake, tell him you're going to go for help, then go about ten
feet and pretend that *you* got bit by a snake. Then start an argument with
him about who's going to go get help. A lot of guys will start crying.
That's why it makes you feel good when you tell them it was just a joke.

deepthoughtsbyjackhandey.com