Announcing LXDE Fedora Remix 11

Valent Turkovic valent.turkovic at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 17:47:07 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 11:58 PM, Valent
Turkovic<valent.turkovic at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Can somebody also compare LXDE with and without update repository...
>
> I made my own LXDE remix with enabled fedora 11 update repo and it
> works just great, it boots from usb stick without and issues ;)
>
> Thanks Rahul.

I have made a new version of Fedora Osijek Remix[1] based on Fedora
11, and this time iso image that is produces boots! ;)
I have split it up in two .ks files[2][3] so that there can be made
two kinds of iso images, one with all software (including proprietary
flash, skype and similar software) and other iso that is only open
source software.

You will see that we have included multimedia files that are forbidden
in US due to patent issues, but there are intended to be distributed
in parts of the world that aren't troubled by patent issues... and
also this can be made even more granular with 3rd .ks file that would
be only files from Fedora repos.

I would like to ask Rahul and everybody who is knowledgeable to please
review these files and report ANY feedback, please, the more feedback
the better.

I would also like to know and find out how to make Respin with some
folder of video (ogg) files on the desktop that is available on livecd
but also after you install it to hard drive on each users desktop?

Cheers and thank you in advance!

[1] http://kernelreloaded.blog385.com/index.php/archives/fedora-remix/
[2] http://files.getdropbox.com/u/184632/fedora-osijek-remix-11.ks
[3] http://files.getdropbox.com/u/184632/fedora-osijek-remix-badboy-11.ks