Off the wall quuestion about browsing.

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sun Mar 1 14:08:31 UTC 2009

Hiisi wrote:
> By the way, your browser sends some information about your system and
> even language you're using on it in a special header. My favourite
> Fedora' browser - lynx - doesn't send it. Because of that I can't browse
> some pages. Error message on them says: `Sorry. Probably you're robot!`.

Lynx actually sends a valid user agent, but some stupid sites block
Lynx. :-/ You can set the user agent string in the options, changing Lynx
to something like |_yn>< will probably make it pass. Or just copy the UA
used by Firefox or Konqueror. ;-) But you should also complain to the
site's webmaster about the stupid UA blocking.

        Kevin Kofler