FC10 Boot Problems - FakeRaid

Gerry Doris gdoris at rogers.com
Sun Mar 1 18:04:17 UTC 2009

My server has 5 SATA drives.  I have two pairs of Intel stripped raid
(FakeRaid).  These are drive C: containing XP Pro and D: containing
Vista 64.  I decided to try out Fedora 10 and added a 5th standalone
drive since I knew that Fedora has problems with FakeRaid.

During the installation I added an upgrade from Hans de Goete that
allowed FC10 to see the raid volumes and I was able to successfully
install FC10 on the 5th drive.  I've tried this with both the 64 and 32
versions.  The install completes successfully and I can use the rescue
disk to mount the installation to check it out.  So far so good.

My problem is that I can't find a way to boot FC10.  I'm using a Vista
boot menu now for XP and Vista and wanted to add an FC10 option.  I've
tried using EasyBCD but can't get it to work.  I don't want to mess up
the XP or Vista installs as I need those for my business.  However, I
would really like to see if I can migrate some of those applications
over to FC10.

Is there an easy way to boot FC10 without messing around with the
Windows installs?