NM: the usual rant

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Sun Mar 1 20:05:41 UTC 2009

Anne Wilson wrote:

> Hmm - I had a problem with NM.  I reported it.  I gave feedback as and
when
> requested.  The problem is solved.  I'm not complaining :-)

I agree with you in principle.
But it is very difficult to pin down a problem that only arises
from time to time.
In my experience NM starts on this laptop about 60% of the time,
after one re-boot about 25% of the time,
and after two re-boots about 10% of the time.

I don't find anything that helps except a complete reboot.
I wish I could get NM connecting before login;
then I could tell if it wasn't working,
and start again in that case.

--
Timothy Murphy