update to fedora 10

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Mon Mar 2 14:36:10 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-03-02 at 13:21 +0000, Patrick Dupre wrote:
> Hello, after I update fc7 to fedora 10, I cannot start an X session
> (startx) when logged as a standard user !
> The mouse pointer does not show up and the gnome session never starts.
>
> root user is OK.
> I boot in test mode.

What's the permissions of the /tmp directory?  I've seen that sort of
thing in prior releases, because there was a problem there.

[tim at suspishus ~]$ ls -dl /tmp
drwxrwxrwt 53 root root 4096 2009-03-03 01:01 /tmp

         ^ that "t" being crucial, as well as rwx for all the others.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.15-78.2.23.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.