pidgin startup data

Rick Stevens ricks at nerd.com
Tue Mar 3 01:37:17 UTC 2009

Wolfgang S. Rupprecht wrote:
> Rick Stevens <ricks at nerd.com> writes:
>> I believe you'll find all that in ~/.purple
>
> Thanks!
>
> Now I'm not sure they could have made that any harder to find.  Purple?
> Purple????

Yup.  Pidgin uses libpurple.  Where the hell the name comes from I have
no idea, but there it is.  Perhaps because its icon in the menus is a
purple bird?

"Obscurity at its finest, that's us!"
-     Have you noticed that "human readable" configuration file      -
-          directives are beginning to resemble COBOL code?          -