Fed 10 and Windows Vista not talking

Christopher Hogan christopherhogan at nf.sympatico.ca
Wed Mar 4 03:48:54 UTC 2009

I have a small Lan with Fed 10 on the desktop system, and a laptop with Vista.   I can not seem to get them to see each other on the network.  I want to be able to access an NTFS drive on the linux machine with the vista machine.    I have samba set up with my workgroup name, but both my wireless modem/router and my windows machine can't see the linux system.   HELP, I'm a linux Newb.
Teddy Bear

"Save a life! adopt or foster a Beagle today"
"Love isn't finding a perfect person, it's seeing an imperfect person perfectly"