Clarification on roles of networking components.

Mikkel L. Ellertson mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Wed Mar 4 15:29:44 UTC 2009

Matthew Flaschen wrote:

> Depends how small, of course.  But I would think a simple DNS/DHCP
> server like dnsmasq is reasonable for such a network.  See
> http://www.linux.com/articles/149040 for a good start.
>
> Matt Flaschen

I also use dnsmasq as well. One thing to keep in mind is that you
need to use a static address for the machine you are running it on.
You have the option of having it load your hosts file to get all the
machine names. This can help with the transition from using the
hosts file to using your own DNS server.

Mikkel