rythmbox not seeing cdrom

DB Freddog_de at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Mar 5 09:33:39 UTC 2009

fedora-list-request at redhat.com wrote:
>    3. Re: rythmbox not seeing cdrom (Kevin Kofler)
>
> Message: 2
> Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2009 01:55:25 +0100
> From: Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler at chello.at>
> Subject: Re:rythmbox not seeing cdrom
> To: fedora-list at redhat.com
>
> DB wrote:
>
>> Yup, I have the same problem with Amarok - it did play one CD for me
>> last week when I first installed it, but now all it finds is a couple of
>> clips (that I didn't know I'd made) which it calls my local collection.
>> (and identifies them as something totally unrelated to the actual music.)
>>

> What version of Amarok? Amarok 2 does not support CDs at this time.

Yes, Amarok 2 - which doesn't appear to want to make any noise from
Streaming broadcasts, but that is another problem for another day!
>         Kevin Kofler
>

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 3
> Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2009 01:56:22 +0100
> From: Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler at chello.at>
> Subject: Re: rythmbox not seeing cdrom
> To: fedora-list at redhat.com
>
> DB wrote:
>
>> Curiouser & curiouser... Kaffeine sees & plays CDs in the master drive,
>> but not in the slave.......
>>

> If you use a CD drive other than the default, you have to give Kaffeine its
> device name in the advanced xine parameters.

I've looked in there, but all that is listed is /dev/cdrom. If I look in
/dev, there is a cdrom1 device, but putting /dev/cdrom1 into the audio
cd box doesn't appear to change anything.
>         Kevin Kofler

Thanks, Kevin

Dave