kernel errors when inserting a CD

Steve zephod at cfl.rr.com
Fri Mar 6 16:43:58 UTC 2009

This morning I noticed some new kernel errors when I booted. These are in addition to the ACPI error I have been asking about (with 0 responses) in a seperate thread.

The errors look like this:

kernel: end_request: I/O error. dev sr0, sector 0
kernel: Buffer I/O error on device sr0, logical block 0
<repeat to logical block 7>
<repeat for other sectors>

After some investigation, I have found that I only get these errors if I boot with a CD in the drive.
Then I found that they also appear in the logs whenever a CD in inserted into the drive.

Anybody else sseing this? I googled and only saw some stuff for Ubuntu that was pretty old.

$ uname -r
2.6.27.19-78.2.30.fc9.x86_64

Thanks,
Steve