FC10 and installing updated java

rodolfoap nospaze at gmail.com
Sun Mar 8 04:04:25 UTC 2009

On Sat, 2009-03-07 at 23:55 -0330, Christopher Hogan wrote:
> I am trying to install the latest version of java on my fc10 system,
> and can't seem to do it according to the instructions they provide on
> java.com.  Does anyone know a workaround?

I seem to recall you were trying to install azureus. If so,
"yum install java-1.6.0-openjdk" should do -you can use yumex instead of
yum-. Or better, "yum install azureus" should automatically install
java.

Installing Java from SUN could be quite a difficult task, I suggest you
try the former method. Check the process here, anyway:

http://www.fedoraguide.info/index.php?title=Main_Page#Java_.28Openjdk.29

Luck!
Rodolfo Alcazar - rodolfo.alcazar at padep.org.bo
otbits.blogspot.com / counter.li.org: #367962