LAN addresses in IPv6

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Mon Mar 9 13:27:28 UTC 2009

Anthony Messina wrote:

> look into radvd

Thanks, I am looking into radvd .
Unfortunately, its exact purpose is not clear to me.
Is it an essential part of an IPv6 system?

> this site is helpful:
> http://www.wsrcc.com/wolfgang/fedora/ipv6-tunnel.html

I had looked at this.
Unfortunately it fell into the category of documents
intended for somebody very different to myself,
possibly belonging to a different species.

Eg there is some discussion of radvd.conf ,
but it never said that one should install the radvd package.
(It seems to be assumed that everyone knows that radvd is.)

Also I have no idea what to substitute for Y...Y in
	prefix YYYY:YYYY:YYYY:0000::/64
		# advertise net 0 of 65536

--
Timothy Murphy