fedora on asus M70VN-X1?

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Tue Mar 10 02:54:51 UTC 2009

On Monday 09 March 2009, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
>  anyone have good/bad/indifferent experience with one of these
>running fedora?
>
>http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834220412

Robert, I have an ASUS mobo in this machine, but had I known the problems I
would encounter with its broken bios, I would not have touched it for any
price.  As it was, I paid nearly $300 USD just for the board, an M2N-SLI
Deluxe.  I think the board is good, but the bios is a certified problem child.
They have a newer, beta rated one on their web site, which fixes a problem in
memory allocation that any linux kernel does a 1 times oops on very early in
the boot sequence, but I have yet to get a 1 hour uptime out of it.  If I use
the one that does the oops, uptimes are weeks if I want them.  And they aren't
fixing it, that beta copy is now almost 3 years old according to its internal
dates when unzip'd!  Repeated emails, 3 now, to support have never been
acknowledged either.  After that, nope, not with a 50 foot borrowed pole.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)