fedora on asus M70VN-X1?

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Tue Mar 10 09:11:18 UTC 2009

Robert P. J. Day:
>>   philosophically, i don't like closed-source drivers any more than
>> the next geek, but sometimes you simply can't avoid getting an nvidia
>> card in some models of laptop.

Kevin Kofler:
> Then you buy another model.

Not always an option.  When I bought my laptop, the only local choices
(amongst several computer shops), were NVidia (with supported and
unlisted chipsets), ATI (with chipsets known to be problems at the time,
or no details), and Intel (with supported chipsets on appallingly low
spec laptops, and unsupported chipsets on the laptops worth buying).

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.15-78.2.23.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.