USB-SATA/IDE adapter on linux/Fedora?

Lyos Gemini Norezel lyos.gemininorezel at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 17:16:19 UTC 2009

L wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Has any one had good experience with USB-SATA/IDE adapter on
> linux/Fedora? if so, what is the brand? Most of these devises on
> markets is marked as workable on win or MAC. non mention of linux
>
> thanks

Sorry for not replying sooner.

I own/run/manage a computer repair shop.

I often receive hard drives that must have data recovered and then hard
drive tossed and replaced.

I've used these adapters:
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2329300&CatId=3770
with near perfect results. The power bricks are usually poor quality...
but I rarely use the bricks anyway.

Now, take this advise with a grain of salt, I have never had to boot a
drive from this kind of connector.

I've always used such in 'Search & Recover' mode only.

Good Luck.

Lyos Gemini Norezel