64bit or 32bit for my laptop

Frank Cox theatre at sasktel.net
Wed Mar 11 17:47:06 UTC 2009

On Wed, 11 Mar 2009 21:08:33 +0800
萌邱 wrote:

> Just ONLY for your ATI card, the 32bit version is better.
> The driver for ATI, especially for Linux 64bit, is very poor!

I have an ATI card in my main desktop computer (this one) and F10 is the first
Fedora version that I have been able to use my widescreen monitor with the open
source ATI driver that comes with the operating system.  It works great for me
with F10/x86_64.  Prior to that, it still worked well but I had to use the
proprietary ATI driver to get the proper resolution out of it.