Fed10 and recording quitar music

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Wed Mar 11 22:59:04 UTC 2009

johnbs wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>    could somebody please give me the load down on recording quality
> music with Fedora 10? What programmes should I use, etc in fact
> everything!  My friends tell me I would have to quit Fedora and go to
> Windows : an idea which does not please me. Thanks a lot.
> John Brennan-Sardou.

I can give you one tip right away, you want a decent sound card. Since
everything I have is old I won't suggest, but some of the motherboard sound
implementations are total garbage.

If you just want to grab the audio actually the "rec" program, part of sox,
gives you what you need. If you want to filter, mix, etc, etc, you will need
other programs mentioned here.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>