Kaffiene vs gene, score 1-0

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Thu Mar 12 00:45:26 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 11 March 2009, Tim wrote:
>On Wed, 2009-03-11 at 14:42 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> 3rd subject, where is the default volume set for the startup and
>> shutdown audio splash files, they are blowing out the windows on the
>> neighbors houses.
>
>You could (a) opt not to have startup and shutdown noises, (b) pick
>quieter sound effects for those events.

And where is that choice administered?  So many menu's have changed between
3.5.9 and 4.2, and become so 'simplified' in favor of leaving so much as
defaults, there is little enough intuition as to where they are.  And I have
explored most of the likely looking items in the k-menu.

>Way back when I still used a Windows box, I first did the (b) option.
>But the sheer number of reboots prompted me to do the (a) option.

Exactly Tim, and thanks.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)