Showing how to find the net installation images?

Meng Qiu joe.t.mann at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 03:34:59 UTC 2009

On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 11:18 AM, Jud Craft <craftjml at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey there.
>
> I've been looking for the netinst.iso for Fedora 10.  I can't find it
> anywhere on fedoraproject's download page, and there is no information
> on where to find it in either the Installation Guide or the Release
> notes.
>
> I did eventually manage to find it by picking a random mirror and
> mucking about through the folder structure until I found it, but why
> is this relatively useful image not mentioned along with all the other
> possible ones on the Get Fedora page?  It would make locating it so
> much easier.
>
> --

All boot media except the distribution DVD present a menu that allows you to
choose the installation source, such as the network or a hard disk. If you
are booting the distribution DVD and do not want to install from the DVD,
hit *Tab* at the boot menu. Add a space and the option linux askmethod to
the end of the line that appears below the menu.

You can install Fedora from the ISO images stored on hard disk, or from a
network using NFS, FTP, or HTTP methods. Experienced users frequently use
one of these methods because it is often faster to read data from a hard
disk or network server than from a CD or DVD.
Please refer to this OFFICIAL Web page:
http://docs.fedoraproject.org/install-guide/f10/en_US/sn-install-diff-source.html

Read, understand, and
GO!!!!!