Church sound

David Miller david at millersweb.com
Fri Mar 13 02:27:49 UTC 2009

My church has decided that they would like to do digital recording using
a computer in place using tape.  I have setup a FC10 machine that I plan
on using for this. I see several packages that will record but I don't
want to have a 700M file.  Is there a package that will break the
recording into, lets say, 10min files and then be able to burn those to
CD as audio tracks with zero time between tracks.
At some point later I would like to get a camera and start doing video
recording of the service  and place of DVD.

In both cases the church is also talking about putting streaming audio
or streaming video on their web site.

Looking for ideas on software.

David