So what kind of dependency stupidity is this?

Jim mickeyboa at sbcglobal.net
Fri Mar 13 15:01:49 UTC 2009

Kevin Martin wrote:
> Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>
>> Jim wrote:
>>

>>> Kevin I run across this all the time, it is frustrating, but I just
>>> use the command;
>>>
>>> rpm -e --nodeps google-gadgets-qt google-gadgets google-desktop-linux
>>>
>>> What the --nodeps is , it removes only those packages and no
>>> Dependencies.
>>>
>>> Hopefully, someday, they will fix that problem in Yum
>>>
>>> LOL
>>>
>> It is *not* a problem in yum. Yum is merely doing it's job. The
>> dependencies are in the software itself in most cases and package
>> maintainers control it to some extend. Kevin Kofler has already
>> explained what has happened in this thread. Read it.
>>
>> Rahul
>>

> Easy there Rahul.  I suspect that Jim read my question from a Digest
> that had maybe come out before Kevin's response (or just replied prior
> to getting that far in the Digest).  No need to jump down his throat;
> honey vs. vinegar and all that.
>
> Kevin

No problem, I do feel his pain, I have experienced it many times.
What I had suggested was a short term fix.
I also have one of those irritating little problems that has been in KDE
for many past releases.

When your in Konqueror as SU and try to edit with Kedit or Kwrite you
get a "cant launch Kedit or Kwrite"
You then have to restart KDE to get Kedit or Kwrite to launch.

Jim