F10 and built-in Intel graphics

psmith johnsmithdoe14 at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 16 19:14:01 UTC 2009

Gordon Messmer wrote:
> M A Young wrote:
>>
>> I recommend that you do a text based install (add text to the boot
>> line), and once you have it installed, boot to a text console (add 3
>> to the boot line), then add Option "NoAccel" "true" to the Device
>> section of /etc/X11/xorg.conf
>
> I'm curious whether it's necessary to disable acceleration entirely,
> or simply revert to the older XAA method.  On my Thinkpad X40, the
> Intel video driver in F10 had significant problems, where the driver
> on F9 was fine.  I could either use XAA or revert to the older driver
> to get proper rendering.
>
> I've attached a minimal xorg.conf.  I believe you can save it to
> /etc/X11 to test each of the options individually.  Try disabling
> accel, and then try using XAA (both options are in the file).  Let us
> know what kind of results you get, and then track down one of the
> bugzilla reports on this subject (I know a few are open) and add your
> information.

here is the pertinant section of the xorg.conf for my aspire one which
has intel gfx, this is on F10 and it works perfectly

Section "Device"
    Identifier  "Card0"
    Driver      "intel"
    VendorName  "Intel Corporation"
    BoardName   "Mobile 945GME Express Integrated Graphics Controller"
    VideoRam    229376
    Option        "MonitorLayout" "LVDS,VGA"
    Option        "Clone" "true"
    Option        "AccelMethod" "EXA"
    Option        "MigrationHeuristic" "greedy"
    Option        "CacheLines" "1980"
    BusID       "PCI:0:2:0"
EndSection

phil