Unable to boot Live Fedora on a USB flash drive

Mike Cloaked mike.cloaked at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 20:51:06 UTC 2009

Stewart Williams wrote:

> I am trying to create a LiveUSB drive using a 2GB USB flash drive, but
> I'm being unsuccessful for some reason.
>
> Seems to complete without error
>
> 2. Boot Fedora 9 install on my desktop and prepare the USB stick as above
> Run liveusb-creator GUI and select /dev/sdg1 as target, and
> omega-10-desktop.iso as source (Also tried F10-Live-i686.iso as source)
> Completes without error
>
> Does anyone know what I may be doing wrong?

One thing worth checking - make sure that your stick is un-mounted at the
time you write the liveusb files to it.  I have been bitten by that in the
past - there is no error message but the files don't get written to the
stick unless it is umounted.

I use the method at http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraLiveCD/USBHowTo