Running GUI package manager over a vnc connection on Fedora 10.

Leland C. Scott lscott130088mi at comcast.net
Tue Mar 17 03:41:38 UTC 2009

I setup a PC to use remotely when I'm out of town using VNC over a ssh
connection. The problems trying to edit files requiring root access, and no
GUI, is one thing I can deal with. The application package manager GUI
telling me it won't run because I'm on a remote console is just plain
stupid. This is something I'm is likely to do be doing frequency. Yeah maybe
a CL workaround exists but I like the convenience of the GUI. At least on
the older box I have setup, Fedora 8, all it asked me for was the root
password then did its thing.

Is there anyway to get this to work in the above type setup on Fedora 10
with the Gnome desktop? The VNC part works just fine.

Regards,
Leland C. Scott
KC8LDO