Help

Mike Burger mburger at bubbanfriends.org
Tue Mar 17 22:07:10 UTC 2009

James Perry wrote:
> hi i've just installed fedora 10 on my computer and every time i boot
> my computer up it ask localhost login, and then password, i do not
> rember putting anything in for those fields does any one know why this
> is happening?
James,

Linux is, in essence, a Unix type system...it is not, by default,
configured to log in a particular user at boot.  You *must* log in...if
you did not create a regular user during the first boot sequence (a part
of the install alluded to in another response), then you'll need to log
in as root.

If you *did* create a regular user during the "first boot" sequence,
then you should be able to log in as that user.