Want to start a LUG with all fedora support.

Rohit Gupta rohit.kgec at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 08:45:40 UTC 2009

>> This should not be the case. There should be people using different
>> distros in a LUG. Only then learning new things is possible. Doesn't
>> matter even if you are a Fedora Ambassador. Other distros should also
>> get representation in a LUG.
>
> I agree that LUGs should be distro-neutral, in terms of welcoming
> everyone who wants to learn and participate.  I restarted the LUG in
> my area, for instance, and we are open to people of all distros -- we
> have users of Fedora, openSUSE, CentOS, Slax, Ubuntu, RHEL, and a few
> others.  That's the way all LUGs should be, in my opinion.

I agree with all the arguments above I will definitely include
different Distributions in the LUG. the fact that I am giving Emphasis
on fedora is that I am able to give support in fedora and its just a
begining. Maximum students (users) here have not even used a single
distribution till now. The internet speed is also a problem here. It
takes a whole day after install to initially setup and install
software's from the internet.
I have many different distributions which will be incorporated in the
LUG but for the time being I have decided to promote fedora more
because I have the fedora mirror and know how.
one more success: We have installed and setup the library computer
with fedora 10. This computer is used by students for searching the
books and their status. There's also a banner : "Maintained by
GNU/Linux User Group of KGEC"

Regards:
Rohit Gupta
(Fedora Ambassador)