NM fails to connect when booting ?? -[SOLVED]

Mark Haney mhaney at ercbroadband.org
Wed Mar 18 13:12:14 UTC 2009

Timothy Murphy wrote:

> I wish some guru who understands NM would bring out a variant
> that just connects on bootup.
> I'm pretty sure the standard version would rapidly fall into disuse.

But, they have that feature already. It's the way network interfaces
have started for a decade.  Why bother with NM at all when starting the
interface on boot is what 99% of people need anyway?

As for the arguments about wireless connectivity, how many people
actually move between wireless connections?  If you do it might be only
between 2, home and work.

NM sucks, everyone knows it, so let's can it and move to something that
doesn't.

quadraturae circuli

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator
ERC Broadband
(828) 350-2415

Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support