F-9 rescue disk?

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Sun Mar 22 14:24:35 UTC 2009

Tim wrote:
> On Sun, 2009-03-22 at 09:25 -0400, Bob Goodwin wrote:
>
>> What do I need to creata an F-9 rescue disk.  I would prefer not to
>> download an entire dvd due to my bandwidth allocation.  Can I make one
>> from files on the Live CD?
>>

> If I recall correctly, the Live CD is already usable as a rescue disc,
> just choose the appropriate option when you boot.  Check the notes to be
> sure.

No, if that should work then nothing will I guess?

It begins to boot but shows a mess of permission errors and then " init:
tty5 respawning too fast, stopped"  and that's all she wrote!

I've probably lost it ...

Maybe I should try the F-10 Lice CD since it was in the process of
changing things over?

The live CD will boot the computer if I let it go but then I don't know
how to get on the original files on my hard drives?  I've never been
confronted with this problem until now.

Bob