Wine install - no menu items in "Applications" menu

Mike Cloaked mike.cloaked at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 15:49:18 UTC 2009

Bill Crawford wrote:

> You should be able to work out what's been updated most recently by
> looking at
> the output of "rpm -qa --last" which shows (most recent first)
> installation
> order of all the packages in its database.

I found what the problem was - I had changed my graphics card and monitor -
and this seems to have messed up .gconf and/or .gconfd - I mv'ed them to a
.prev name and restarted gnome - and all is now well.

I had no idea that changing the graphics card could cause a gnome mess up
and then have no error messages to indicate that this might be the problem!

Sorry for the noise.