What is -lgthread-2.0

Sharpe, Sam J sam.sharpe+lists.redhat at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 16:53:37 UTC 2009

2009/3/24 Seann Clark <nombrandue at tsukinokage.net>:
> What is -lgthread-2.0 used for in compliation and what does it belong to? I
> have multiple items failing on this, one being mythTV from source (because
> mythtv doesn't exist in ppc64 bit RPM form from what I have found so far) If
> anyone out there knows, it would help me a lot. I find no real information
> on google that matches what the heck this belongs to.

[sam at machine ~]$ locate gthread-2.0
/lib/libgthread-2.0.so.0
/lib/libgthread-2.0.so.0.1800.4
/lib64/libgthread-2.0.so.0
/lib64/libgthread-2.0.so.0.1800.4
/usr/lib64/libgthread-2.0.so
/usr/lib64/pkgconfig/gthread-2.0.pc

[sam at machine ~]$ sudo yum provides /usr/lib64/libgthread-2.0.so
Loaded plugins: refresh-packagekit
Importing additional filelist information
glib2-devel-2.18.2-3.fc10.x86_64 : A library of handy utility functions
Repo        : fedora
Matched from:
Filename    : /usr/lib64/libgthread-2.0.so

So my question would be... "do you have glib2-devel" installed?

--
Sam