How do I add ntp servers??

Beartooth Beartooth at comcast.net
Tue Mar 24 16:18:21 UTC 2009

	I'd've sworn I'd posted this yesterday, but I don't see it; my
apologies if it's a re-run.

	The ntpserver I used to use, ntp.vt.edu, is gone; it has been
replaced by ntp-x.vt.edu, for x = 1 - 4.

	Afaict, F10 uses Redhat's servers and only Redhat's ntpservers;
and the comment at the head of /etc/ntp/ntpservers says :

> #This file contains a list of ntp servers to show in the system-config-
> date user interface.
> #It is not recommended that you modify this file by hand.

	I *think* that just means that the proper way to modify it is to
run system-config-date as root, and make the changes that way. I did; but
I see no change in /etc/ntp/ntpservers. Do I have to log out and back in,
or what?

	Or is there some reason those of us with closer ntpservers should
nevertheless use Redhat and Redhat only??