Linux on a pendrive

Michael Weiner hunter at userfriendly.net
Wed Mar 25 18:56:41 UTC 2009

Thought i would throw this out there to the those that have far more
experience than i in this matter. I have a need to create a bootable USB
pendrive, easy enough, thanks to the LiveUSB-Creator tool provided on the
fedoraproject site. But what i need is a desktop linux (KDE preferred) with
some additional RPMs and Applications on it (Scientific based apps like
PyMol) on a pendrive. I have created the pendrive with quite a bit of space
for persistent storage, but wanted some opinions on the best way to move
forward.

Thanks in advance for any direction
Michael Weiner