update caused java breakage

brian fedora at logi.ca
Wed Mar 25 23:34:15 UTC 2009

Robert L Cochran wrote:
> I think yesterday's openjdk update may have broken Java somehow....the
> Arduino-0013 IDE doesn't function after being drawn on the screen. The
> IDE window will either go white, or you can maximize it or minimize it
> but not close the window or do anything else with it. I saw the
> reference to XINERAMA that another person responding to Brian's post
> write about, abnd I looked over the archlinux thread, but I'm not quite
> sure what to do. I have Sun's Java JDK installed and I wonder if the
> openjdk update wiped out something needed by the Sun JDK.

That could be, but I don't have openjdk installed. I believe this is
because I upgraded from 7 -> 10. But that's a lot like my experience
with jEdit: just a white screen. When I tried starting without ~/.jedit
in place, I saw a couple of windows instead, and they behaved just as
you describe.

I've just got back so will check out some of the ideas Roberto posted.