rpmfusion repo problem?

Sharpe, Sam J sam.sharpe+lists.redhat at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 12:33:48 UTC 2009

Mike Cloaked wrote:
> Does anyone know what has happened to rpmfusion?  It seems to prevent me yum
> updating....
> [root at gestalt ~]# yum -y update
> Loaded plugins: refresh-packagekit
> Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository:
> rpmfusion-nonfree-updates. Please verify its path and try again

Works for Me (tm)

[sam at machine ~]$ sudo yum -y update
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, protectbase, refresh-packagekit,
upgrade-helper
  * livna: ftp-stud.fht-esslingen.de
  * rpmfusion-nonfree-updates: rpmfusion.famillecollet.com
  * fedora: www.mirrorservice.org
  * rpmfusion-free-updates: rpmfusion.famillecollet.com
  * rpmfusion-free: rpmfusion.famillecollet.com
  * rpmfusion-nonfree: rpmfusion.famillecollet.com
  * updates: ftp.nluug.nl
0 packages excluded due to repository protections
Setting up Update Process
Resolving Dependencies
--> Running transaction check